ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FEW HOURS DEDICATED SOLEY TO OIL PAINTING?
IF YES, THEN WE HAVE YOU COVERED!
These painting classes will be held in our dedicated art studio. You will each have your own station equipped with side table, easel, swivel chair and side screen. Each class is limited to a maximum of 5 students to ensure that full hands-on step-by-step tuition is provided. Classes are mixed level and cater for the absolute complete beginner student!
Each student will be shown how to start, continue and finish their own painting, which will be a study of a painting created by an old master artist, such as Caillebotte, Van Gogh, Monet, Peploe, Sorrolla Mondrian, Henry, Klimt, Cezanne, Degas, Seago, Constable and other artists who were part of art movements such as impressionism, expressionism, and fauvism. The idea is, that, over a number of morning or afternoon sessions, held monthly throughout 2023-4, you will learn, at your own pace: –
- how to paint the figure, still life, landscape, seascape, cityscape and florals,
- different oil painting techniques and the various ways to paint a painting,
- about the various oil painting materials, your painting kit and how and when to use them,
- to understand colour, colour mixing and reading the colour wheel,
- how to expand on your existing oil painting skills.
These oil painting classes are perfect for those of you who haven’t painted since your school days, have never held a paint brush but would love to learn to paint your very own painting, or are just seeking a little time out and are looking for something new to try!
They are also a great way to try your hand at oils without having to commit to a full term of workshops as you can book in for one session only. You can also click the drop-down menu if you want us to provide the materials necessary for your class.
For those of you, who have already learned to paint in oils, we also have you covered! The studio holds a huge stock of paintings for you to try your hand at.
You can attend 1 or more oil painting classes each month, sequentially or intermittently to suit your own personal time commitments. The idea of these classes is to provide greater flexibility.
Each oil painting class is run in a very relaxed and friendly manner. We go entirely at your own pace and the idea is to have fun, learn a new skill and at the same time have expert tuition on hand to guide you safely through each painting.
So, if you are ready to start a new hobby, need some me time or want to improve your existing oil painting skills then why not book yourself a session.
- 10am to 1pm
- Cost – €75 per session excluding materials (see materials list)
- Further dates available, check the drop-down menu
- Please read the full description below before booking
- (please email if you would like to be added to our waiting list for cancellations if any sessions are full)